Sunday, August 24, 2014

Steampunk Printable Paper Dolls from Paper Thin Personas

While surfing the web, I came across a great 'site for paper dolls, Paper Thin Personas.  I'm especially impressed with the variety of dolls this artist produces, and, of course, the Victorian and steampunk attire. ;D

These dolls come in both colored and black and white, depending on your willingness to expend printer ink, or desire to color them yourself.


The Marisole line of dolls has a lot of great sets.  This set is actually steampunk themed, but it looks like there are about a million other sets of clothes for her, so you can mix and match steampunk with modern and other historical dress as well.  Speaking of which...

Here's another Marisole doll.  This set is titled "Cogs and Gears".  I do actually like the bright colors of this one, though I'm not entirely sold on the dress...

This one has a much more formal set of clothes.  I especially like the hats here in the "Dark and Steamy" set.


This "Margo in Wonderland" set could double as a steampunk set, especially some of the tops, and maybe recolored bottoms.  Either way, I think it makes a good complement to the above sets.
Thumbnail link image printable paper doll
And then there is this "Vivid Victorian" set, which is quite beautifully colored, in my opinion.
(This image is oddly smaller than the rest.  I assume that Paper Thin changed how she put up previews on her website at some point?).


I thought that the skirts and boots in the "Sweater Style" set would work well for steampunk.  Click this link in particular, because there are a few other sets on this page that would also work for steampunk.


In a different vein, there is also this paper doll, Florence, which is based on the French fashion dolls of the 19th century, and the clothing drawn for her is historically accurate.  To see the rest of her clothing, click on the link titled "Click here for the rest of this series".

In the future, I plan on posting other paper dolls and steampunk toys as I find them.  Hopefully you enjoyed this set, and give support to the artist as you can.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Vivid Victoriana was colored by another artist and so the picture is the size that she sent me. I'm glad you have enjoyed my paper dolls. - Rachel

    ReplyDelete